This fall I’m trying my hand on another capsule wardrobe. Admittedly, I have not been very successful in posting the outfits of my summer capsule but I have been quite successful wearing it 😉 And that’s all that matters in the end. By now, I’m quite practiced in getting dressed every day from a smaller selection of clothes and accessories. Strong variations in temperature are the biggest challenge for me when it comes to capsule wardrobes. My selection for fall has already been hanging in my closet since the beginning of September but the outfits have been repeated a lot for the uncommonly hot late summer weather that we are currently experiencing. Only now with real fall weather finally on the line I can use my whole capsule wardrobe. When it comes to fashion fall is my favourite season and I’m already looking forward to wearing my fall outfits.
Altogether my fall capsule contains 40 pieces including shoes and bags. Sportswear, loungewear and occassional wear are not part of my capsule wardrobe. The existing pieces will be gradually complemented by new me-made pieces. I will share my sewing plans with you on Instagram. The colours are very fall for me and range from white to beige, cognac, khaki, denim blue to black. The selected prints are classic stripes and checks with a little bit of leopard.
My selection of tops contains tops for later summer days as well as warm knit pieces for colder autumn days. The amount of tops is comparatively large but ensures that I will be prepared for any type of weather and can exchange items during the season.
1. T-shirt white – Uniqlo
2. Longsleeve white – GOTS certified organic cotton, bought at Aldi
3. T-shirt navy – Uniqlo
4. Longsleeve black-white striped – Me-made, pattern no. 106 Burdastyle February 2011
5. T-shirt black – Uniqlo
6. Blouses white – I own 2 white blouses that I will wear interchangeably, one is from Uniqlo and the other one is from Paul Costelloe
7. Blouse leopard print – Roberto Cavalli, 2nd Hand via Humana
8. Wrap blouse khaki – Me-made, pattern no. 121 Burdastyle 10/2011
9. Blouse navy-white check – Uniqlo
10. Denim blouse – Paige, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue
11. Cashmir sweater beige – 2nd Hand via Humana
12. Striped Sweater – & Other Stories
13. Cardigan camel – Wool, 2nd Hand via Humana
14. Sweater black – Merino wool, Uniqlo
15. Turtleneck sweater black – Merino wool, 2nd Hand via Humana
It’s probably quite uncommon for a capsule wardrobe to contain more skirts than pants. But I just love skirts and can’t live with less.
16. Straight leg jeans – Vintage Levi’s, 2nd Hand via Humana
17. Skinny jeans black – All Saints, 2nd Hand via Humana
18. Culottes black – Me-made, pattern no. 6 Fashionstyle (resp. Knipmode) March 2016
19. Leather skirt cognac – Oakwood, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue
20. Denim skirt darkblue – Me-made, pattern no. 1B Burda Easy FS 2016, blogged here
21. Midirock with heart print – Me-made, pattern no. 114 Burda May 2020
22. Leather skirt black – 2nd Hand via Vintys Nürnberg
It’s quite atypical for me that my fall capsule contains only one dress. The main reason is that I don’t really own any fall dresses besides the suede dress. In addition, this gap is filled by the amount of skirts that I have added. I wear my jackets outdoors on warm fall days as well as indoors as an additional layer on colder days. Warmer jackets and coats that I will only use as outerwear are not included in my capsule wardrobe.
23. Suede dress cognac – Bought 2nd Hand at a flea market
24. Army vest khaki – Closed, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue
25. Blouson khaki – Hoss Intropia, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue
26. Army jacket – Zadig & Voltaire, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue
27. Denim jacket blue – Zara
28. Biker jacket black – Mango
My selection of shoes is also works for warmer and colder fall days. I will be able to wear the boots and booties for the whole season but will leave the sneakers and ballet flats in the closet once it gets colder.
29. Sneakers white – Adidas Gazelle
30. Ballet flats with leopard print – Zign, similar
31. Booties cognac – Zign, 2nd Hand via Kleiderkreisel, similar
32. Booties snake print – Zara, 2nd Hand via Kleiderkreisel, similar
33. Booties black-brown – Rag & Bone, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue, similar
34. Booties black – Hallhuber, 2nd Hand via Kleiderkreisel, similar
35. OTK boots – La Socki, similar
My choice of bags consists of larger bags for everyday use and smaller bags for miscellaneous occassions. The bags pick up the colors of my capsule wardrobe and thus will complement my outfits perfectly.
36. Bucket Bag with check print- Burberry, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue, cheaper version
37. Bucket Bag cognac – PB 0110, 2nd Hand via Soeur Berlin, similar
38. Circle bag navy – PB 0110, 2nd Hand via Soeur Berlin, similar
39. Pashli bag black – 3.1 Phillip Lim, 2nd Hand via Vite en Vogue
40. Small Bucket Bag black – 3.1 Phillip Lim, 2nd Hand via Soeur Berlin
A capsule wardrobe always helps me to restrict my consumption as I only go shopping every 3 months and only buy pieces that are on my list. Additionally, I try to shop as many pieces as possible 2nd Hand. This time around I added 3 new tops and 3 pairs of shoes to my fall capsule wardrobe. The new tops are the denim shirt, the beige cashmere sweater and the camel cardigan. For the shoes I added the leopard ballet flats, the cognac booties and the booties from Rag & Bone in black-brown. Only the leopard ballet flats were bought new as I couldn’t find anything similar preloved. The other pieces were all shopped 2nd Hand.
I will show you most of my daily outfits again on my Instagram account. What is your take on a capsule wardrobe? Have you tried it yourself?
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link I’m receiving a small commission. This does not result in additional costs for you but is an appreciation of my work.