Today’s outfit was inspired by a photo on Pinterest. After seeing this picture, I was certain that I needed a flower skirt. I quickly looked in my fabric stash and found this cotton fabric that has been in there for 4-5 years. Last weekend I turned the fabric into this pleated skirt. You can find more summery me-made outfits on the Me-Made-Mittwoch blog.
T-Shirt: H & M
Skirt: Me-Made Patrones No. 292 pattern 33 (more info below)
Belt: Second Hand
Sun glasses: Revlon
Sewing time incl. cutting: Around 5 hours.
Costs: 1.5 m of cotton fabric for 6 €/m and 1 invisible zipper results in approx. 10 €.
Pattern review: I always have to rely on my experience when sewing with Patrones because I don’t speak Spanish. In contrast to other pattern companies, there is also always some important information missing. This time it was the information concerning the zipper. In the end I sewed the zipper into the pleat on the left side. This took some trial and error and I had to lengthen the pleat for this. If I was going to sew this skirt again, I would lengthen the zipper even more.
Pattern modification: None
Conclusion: I’m glad that I didn’t make a dress from this fabric as previously planned. The heavier weight of the fabric is perfect for this pleated skirt and the pleats form all by themselves that way. I got so many compliments for my skirt today that I will gladly pull it on again. I might even make another skirt from this pattern.